The Pinnacle of Competitive Magic
From your local game store or Magic's digital platforms, becoming a Magic World Champion is a journey defined by the trail you blaze all the way to the top—one event at a time.
It's time to start your path to Magic immortality.
World Championship XXIX
In 2023, Magic World Championship XXIX will feature field of approximately 128 players and a prize pool of $1,000,000.
How to Qualify
Here is a list of qualification paths for World Championship XXIX:
- The Top 4 finishers from World Championship XXVII (2002)
- Players who finish 12–4 or better (or finishes in the Top 8) at any of the season's three Pro Tours
- The Top 2 from each of the three MTGO Showcase Events
- The Top 2 players from the Arena Championship Events
- The Regional Champions
- The runner-up from Regional Championship events in the United States, Europe, and Japan.
- The Top 32 ranked players that are not already invited to Magic World Championship XXIX in the 2022–23 Pro Tour 3 Adjusted Match Point standing and all players tied with 32nd place in that standing.