2020 Players Tour Online – MTG Arena
2020 Players Tour Online events will be Standard Constructed format.
Dates and Times
There are four (4) tournaments. Qualified players can play in only one (1) tournament. The tournaments will take place beginning at the following dates and times:
- Players Tour 1 – June 13: 12:00 AM (00:00)
- Players Tour 2 – June 13: 9:00 AM (09:00)
- Players Tour 3 – June 19: 5:00 PM (17:00)
- Players Tour 4 – June 20: 6:00 AM (06:00)
(All times are listed in PDT Seattle local time.)
Day 1 and Day 2 start times will be the same times listed above for each day. Top 8 playoff matches will begin immediately following the conclusion of the Swiss rounds on Day 2.
Channel Fireball Events will be handling registration for this event. Registration is available at www.cfbevents.com/playerstour.
- Players will be able to choose the event in which they would like to play at the time of registration. Players may only be registered in one event.
- Registration will open on May 25, 2020.
- Registration for each event will close 25 hours prior to the start of each event.
- Competitors will be required to submit their decklist no later than 24 hours prior to the start of their event.
- Decklists will be open, and will become available to competitors at the beginning of their tournament.
Each Players Tour will be played remotely through MTG Arena.
Each Players Tour will use the following structure:
- 15 Swiss Rounds total, 60 minutes per round
- Day 1 – 9 Swiss rounds Standard Constructed
- Day 2 – 6 Swiss rounds Standard Constructed
- Players with 15 or more match points after Round 9 will advance to Day 2
- The Top 8 players after Round 15 will advance to the single-elimination playoff rounds
- Playoff rounds will be Standard Constructed
- All matches will be best 2 of 3 (Swiss and Playoff rounds)
All players that finish with 33 or more match points after Round 15 will qualify for the 2020 Players Tour Finals the weekend of July 25, 2020.
Online tournaments, including the online Players Tours, will follow policy as available on Judge Academy.
- Online Tournament MTR—Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules
- Online Tournament IPG—Magic Infraction Procedure Guide
There is a $150,000 prize pool per Players Tour event, paying out down through each competitor.
(*Assumes 224 players.)