After a Dominaria United Draft, five rounds of Standard, and six rounds of Explorer, the final showdowns are here. This is your Magic World Championship XXVIII Top 4 competitors!
Kassis realized a dream he'd had since the beginnings of his Magic career when he finished at the top of the Magic Rivals League in 2021 and qualified for Magic World Championship XXVII. Kassis followed it up by achieving yet another longtime goal when he won the Neon Dynasty Championship just a few months later. Kassis is a longtime tournament staple whose hard work has paid off in a string of exceptional years.
- 8 Grand Prix Top 8s, 2 wins
- 7th, Mythic Championship VI
- Winner, Neon Dynasty Championship
- Qualified via Neon Dynasty Championship Top 6
Sarap may be the best Limited player in the Magic World Championship XXVIII field, though he still refers to himself as a "future professional Magic player." Originally from Europe but living in Columbia, Sarap has found his success largely through digital Magic, rising to the top of the Magic Online leaderboards. He qualified for Magic World Championship XXVIII with a memorable run through the New Capenna Championship working with David Inglis and an invite-clinching victory over fellow qualifier Zachary Kiihne in the Top 8.
- First premier play Top 8 at Grand Prix Liverpool in 2017 playing Ixalan Limited
- Beat fellow World Championship competitor Zachary Kiihne for his qualification match
- Qualified via New Capenna Championship Top 6
One of the youngest members of the Magic World Championship XXVIII field but already one of the most-feared opponents online, Steuer won both the 2021 MOCS Season 3 and 2022 MOCS Season 2—the latter already putting him into the Magic World Championship in 2023 alongside teammate Sam Rolph. Steuer has been knocking at the door for years as he as risen through the ranks, and now he finds himself among the elite of the game right where he belongs. Win or lose, he's already good enough to appear in back-to-back World Championships.
- Two-time Magic Online Champions Showcase winner, appearing in four out of the last five events
- Pathed to each 2021-22 season Championship through qualifier events
- Qualified as a top Challenger player via WCQPs
One of the foremost masterminds among Standard deckbuilders in the MTG Arena era, Tóth is part of the famed "Czech House" that has consistently set the tone for Constructed formats over the past three years. Whether it's convoluted combos or the perfect sideboard card for his team's control brew, Tóth has been at the heart of Magic competitive play on his way here. Tóth hasn't secured a breakthrough finish yet, but he's been a perfect model of consistency and posted a record of 27-17 across three Championship events to qualify for Magic World Championship XXVIII—poised to claim his first trophy.
- Two Top 32 finishes and an overall record of 27-17 across 2021-22 Championships
- Expert deckbuilder that shaped Standard in recent years
- Qualified as a top League player via WCQPs