The New Perspectives Grant Program is a program that aims to support the inclusion of Magic enthusiasts who belong to historically underrepresented groups by providing assistance to attend MagicCon events.
The program will work the same way for MagicCon: Minneapolis as it did for MagicCon: Philadelphia. Ten (10) selected applicants will each receive:
- One (1) Black Lotus VIP Package, including a three-day badge to MagicCon: Minneapolis
- $2,000 stipend for travel, accommodations, and expenses related to MagicCon: Minneapolis attendance
Application submissions will be accepted March 7, 2023, through 8 a.m. PT March 14, 2023.
Applications will be evaluated on quality and originality, and recipients will be notified via email of their application status no later than March 24, 2023. Selected applicants must confirm acceptance of their New Perspectives Grant via email response by 12 a.m. PT on March 29, 2023, or the grant may be given to another applicant.
We particularly encourage applications from those marginalized based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and/or veteran or military enrollment status.
All applicants who submit to this form must have a valid Wizards Account and agree to the Wizards of the Coast General Terms and MagicCon Terms of Service. Applicants are required to be 18 years old on the date of their submitted application. Additionally:
- Hasbro, Wizards of the Coast, and all subsidiary/affiliate employees, as well as their immediate family members, are not eligible for this program.
- New Perspectives Grant Recipients are expected to attend MagicCon: Minneapolis, participate in select recommended events, and complete a post-event survey.
- Wizards of the Coast is a for-profit company. Where applicable, New Perspectives Grant Recipients will receive a W-9 form. Recipients are likewise responsible for any applicable taxes and may need to claim their winnings with the IRS.
- New Perspectives Grant Recipients are responsible for booking their own travel arrangements (flights, ground transportation, housing accommodations, etc.) to MagicCon: Minneapolis.
- New Perspectives Grant Recipients should use the funds for expenses related to MagicCon: Minneapolis.
- New Perspectives Grants are not transferrable and must be used the year in which they are awarded.
- Please note that Wizards of the Coast is only able to provide grants to individuals permanently residing in the US and cannot provide any kind of support or sponsorship for visa-based travel.
- Grant Recipients may be required to execute and return a Declaration of Eligibility. If a potential Grant Recipient does not return all required documentation within the time stated, or if a Grant notification or Grant is returned as undeliverable, or such potential Grant Recipient is not in compliance with these eligibility requirements or applicable Terms and Conditions, the Grant will be forfeited.
- Wizards of the Coast shall not be liable to the Grant Recipient(s) or any other person for failure to supply a Grant or any part thereof for events beyond its reasonable control.
All New Perspectives Grant Recipients are subject to eligibility verification before application status finalization. Wizards of the Coast reserves the right to withdraw grants in the event an applicant is deemed ineligible in Wizards of the Coast's sole and absolute discretion. Grants are void where prohibited or restricted.
Learn more and apply for the MagicCon: Minneapolis New Perspectives Grant Program today.