The New Perspectives Grant Program is a program that aims to support the inclusion of Magic enthusiasts who belong to historically underrepresented groups by providing assistance to attend MagicCon events.
Ten (10) selected applicants will each receive:
- One (1) Black Lotus VIP Package, including a three-day badge to MagicCon: Amsterdam
- $2,000 stipend for travel, accommodations, and expenses related to MagicCon: Amsterdam attendance
Application submissions will be accepted from 30 January 2024, through 8:00 AM Pacific Time, 21 February, 2024.
Applications are anonymized and will be evaluated on quality, originality, and contributions that make the Magic: The Gathering community more inclusive or accessible. 10 select applicants will be notified via email of their application status no later than 11:59 PM Pacific Time, 7 March 2024. Selected applicants must confirm acceptance of their New Perspectives Grant via email response by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on 14 March 2024, or the grant may be given to another applicant.
We particularly encourage applications from those marginalized based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and/or veteran or military enrolment status. This information will not be shared with the team evaluating the application.
You can view and submit your responses to the questionnaire in your preferred language.
All applicants who submit to this form must have a valid Wizards Account and agree to the Wizards of the Coast General Terms and MagicCon Terms of Service. Applicants are required to be 18 years old on the date of their submitted application.
- Hasbro, Wizards of the Coast, and all subsidiary/affiliate employees, as well as their immediate family members, are not eligible for this program.
- Beginning with MagicCon: Amsterdam, applicants from all over the world are eligible for this program.
- New Perspectives Grant Recipients are expected to attend MagicCon: Amsterdam, participate in select recommended events, and complete a post-event survey.
- Wizards of the Coast is a for-profit company. Recipients are responsible for any applicable taxes and may need to claim their winnings with their local tax authority.
- New Perspectives Grant Recipients are responsible for booking their own travel arrangements (flights, ground transportation, housing accommodations, etc.) to MagicCon: Amsterdam and are responsible for take care of any entry necessary requirements to Amsterdam.
- New Perspectives Grant Recipients should use the funds for expenses related to MagicCon: Amsterdam.
- New Perspectives Grants are not transferrable and must be used the year in which they are awarded.
- Grant Recipients may be required to execute and return a Declaration of Eligibility. If a potential Grant Recipient does not return all required documentation within the time stated, or if a Grant notification or Grant is returned as undeliverable, or such potential Grant Recipient is not in compliance with these eligibility requirements or applicable Terms and Conditions, the Grant will be forfeited.
- Wizards of the Coast shall not be liable to the Grant Recipient(s) or any other person for failure to supply a Grant or any part thereof for events beyond its reasonable control.
All New Perspectives Grant Recipients are subject to eligibility verification before application status finalization. Wizards of the Coast reserves the right to withdraw grants in the event an applicant is deemed ineligible in Wizards of the Coast's sole and absolute discretion. Grants are void where prohibited or restricted.
Learn more and apply for the MagicCon: Amsterdam New Perspectives Grant Program today.