Our first full season featuring our return of the Pro Tour has been underway for three months, with our second qualifying round connected to Pro Tour 2 of 2023 now in full swing! You can play in Regional Championship Qualifiers for that second round now through December 18.
While the qualifying round for Pro Tour 2 has some pretty sweet promo cards, we couldn't wait however to share with you what we have in store for players that follow the path to Pro Tour 3 (occurring later in 2023).
Regional Championship Qualifiers for Pro Tour 3 in 2023
The qualifying round for the Regional Championships that feed into Pro Tour 3 will start January 7, 2023 and will run until April 2, 2023. During that time, participating WPN stores and approved organizers will host Regional Championship Qualifiers (RCQs) that award invitations to the Regional Championship(s) within their respective region. Those Regional Championship events will take place in the second quarter of 2023, and award invitations to Pro Tour 3 in the latter half of 2023.
As with previous rounds, participating WPN stores and organizers may run Regional Championship Qualifiers in either Standard, Pioneer, or Modern Constructed, or as Sealed Deck format with Booster Draft Top 8 (using allowed product as defined by the Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules under Appendix D).
While supplies last, this round of RCQs will, like with the other rounds, award promos for participation as well as for top finishing players. The promos will once again be getting a refresh for this round and will feature brand new, never-before-seen art and our popular borderless treatment.
The January 7–April 2, 2023 Regional Championship Qualifier promo cards are as follows*:
- Mystical Dispute: Non-foil versions are available by participating in local qualifiers. Traditional foil versions are available as well through participating in larger open qualifying events as well as side events at Regional Championships. This version of Mystical Dispute features new artwork from Brigitte Roka.
- Thing in the Ice // Awoken Horror: That's right, this round features a double-faced card! Non-foil versions of this card can be earned by being a top finisher in local qualifiers. Traditional foil versions will be available to players who earn invitations to their respective Regional Championship at qualifier events. This classic from the Shadows over Innistrad set features new artwork from Brandi Milne on both sides.
(*Promotional cards received where available and while supplies last. Prize promo availability may differ by region and may change at Wizards of the Coast's discretion. Check with your regional tournament organizer and hosting game store for more information.)
Regional Championships for Pro Tour 3
Regional Championships for Pro Tour 3 will be scheduled between May 20-July 2, 2023. Top finishers from this round of Regional Championships will earn invitations to the third Pro Tour of 2023 ("Pro Tour 3"), with exact invites varying per region. The winners of each Regional Championship (as well as the finalists in the USA, EMEA, and Japan) will also qualify for Magic World Championship XXIX later in 2023.
Regional Championship promo card:
- Snapcaster Mage: We're flashing back an old favorite for this round! Non-foil versions will be provided to Regional Championship participants, while top finishers from each region will receive a traditional foil version of the card as well. This printing of Snapcaster Mage features new artwork from Jack Hughes.
Qualify for the Pro Tour Today!
While the promos for this round of RCQs won't be available until the start of next year, you still have plenty of time to qualify for the Pro Tour right now, as RCQs for the Regional Championships that qualify for Pro Tour 2 are going on right now and will continue until December 18.
Start your journey to the Pro Tour and the Magic: The Gathering World Championship today with events in your region:
- USA – Dreamhack
- Canada – Face to Face Games
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) – Legacy
- Australia/New Zealand – Good Games
- China – Kadou
- Japan/Korea – Big Magic
- Southeast Asia – Oracle Events
- Chinese Taipei – Game Square
- Brazil – City Class Games
- Mexico/Central America/Caribbean – Yellow Rabbit
- South America – Magicsur