It's not too late to start off your 2023–24 path to the Pro Tour right with Regional Championship Qualifiers taking place now that qualify for the first Pro Tour of 2024 taking place at MagicCon: Chicago in Illinois February of next year. Those qualifiers run until August 20, and once September—as well as Wilds of Eldraine—rolls around, the next round of qualifiers kicks off and runs close to the end of the year.
Those qualifiers coming up after this one will begin on September 9, run until December 17, and connect to the second Pro Tour of 2024.
Well, qualify for Magic's longest-standing tournament series, and you'll have a very convenient excuse to do so.
Upcoming Regional Championship Qualifiers
The qualifying round for the Regional Championships for Pro Tour 2 in 2024 starts September 9, 2023, and runs through December 17. Participating WPN stores as well as larger organizers will be running Regional Championship Qualifiers (RCQs) that provide invitation to the Regional Championship for their respective region. These Regional Championships will take place in the first quarter of 2024 and qualify players for Pro Tour 2 in late April.
RCQs run at the WPN level must be run this round as either Limited or Modern Constructed. Note that larger events designated as "Destination" qualifiers—think of these as larger events run in larger venues such as hotel ballrooms or convention centers—may be run as Constructed formats outside of Modern. Be sure to check with your qualifier organizer for all the details.
This qualifying round has a new cycle of Secret Lair promo cards to reward participants as well as top finishers, and it features some sweet blue-black hits.
September 9–December 17 Regional Championship Qualifier promo cards*:
- An Offer You Can't Refuse: "Refuse an Offer from Kitty Jace 2023 Challenge (Impossible)" is your participation reward for this round! Play in an RCQ at a WPN retailer to get one in non-foil, with traditional foil versions available for larger events and exact distribution determined by your region's program organizer. This version of An Offer You Can't Refuse features new artwork from Miho Irie. And Kitty Jace! I can't stop thinking about accepting all offers from Kitty Jace.
- Death's Shadow: It's everyone's favorite 13/13 avatar of unspeakable death and despair! Non-foil versions are available to top finishers at qualifying events, while traditional foil copies will be awarded to players who earn invitations to the Regional Championship. This new printing of Death's Shadow features new artwork from Matt Stikker.
(*Promotional cards received where available and while supplies last. Prize promo availability may differ by region and may change at Wizards of the Coast's discretion. Check with your regional tournament organizer and hosting game store for more information.)
Regional Championships for Pro Tour 2 in 2024
Regional Championships for Pro Tour 2 in 2024 will be scheduled between January 19 and March 24 in 2024. The format for these Regional Championships is Modern Constructed.
Top finishers from these Regional Championships earn invitations to the second Pro Tour of 2024 ("Pro Tour 2"), with exact invites varying per region. The winners of each Regional Championship (as well as the finalists in the USA, EMEA, and Japan) will also qualify for the Magic World Championship—the 30th in Magic history—later in 2024.
Regional Championship Secret Lair Prize Card:
- Dragonlord Silumgar: Tarkir's corrosive dragonlord has never looked better ... or as terrifying! Non-foil versions will be provided to Regional Championship participants to commemorate their achievement of making it to their region's big event, while top finishers from each region will receive a traditional foil version of the card as well. This printing of Dragonlord Silumgar features new artwork from WolfSkullJack.
Qualify for the Pro Tour Today!
"Pro Tour 1" and "Pro Tour 2" will have more definitive names in the coming months once we can actually start talking about our 2024 releases. But that doesn't make "Pro Tour 1" and "Pro Tour 2" any less real! And while RCQs for Pro Tour 2 start in September, there's still time for you to qualify for Pro Tour 1: upcoming qualifiers are your first step on the path to Regional Championships taking place right now and running until August 20.
Start your journey to the Pro Tour and the Magic: The Gathering World Championship today with events in your region:
- USA – Dreamhack
- Canada – Face to Face Games
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) – Legacy
- Australia/New Zealand – Good Games
- China – Kadou
- Japan/Korea – Big Magic
- Southeast Asia – Oracle Events
- Chinese Taipei – Game Square
- Brazil – City Class Games
- Mexico/Central America/Caribbean – Yellow Rabbit
- South America – Magicsur